Thursday, December 17, 2009

Too Long!

I am flunking at this whole blog thing. Its been a really long time since I put anything here. Here's a quick run down:

* I am pregnant with boy #5 at the beginning of May. I am hoping for a VBAC but mostly I want a healthy happy baby and as quick a recovery as possible.
* I continue to homeschool our 4 boys and I was lucky to recently get a free chalkboard and some desks from a school about to be demolished.
* I continue trying to cook from scratch, maintain food storage, and living frugally, providently... although its been really hard with this pregnancy, at first nothing tasted good, luckily we are over that now.
* Yeah for me! I am getting a manual grain grinder for Christmas and I plan on putting my boys to work helping me grind wheat and other stuff and making bread and tortillas- yum! They really want bagels, so we'll see how that goes.
* I have spent a lot of time re-arranging and organizing the upstairs to make room for company coming for Christmas: my brother and in-laws get here in 2 days!
* The kids have been involved in a local art club and have made some really neat things like soap, and candles. Fun to make and stuff we can actually use!
* We have our tree up and the weather is cold, feels like Christmas! The kids are going to get spoiled again this year, I think the grandparents have really outdone themselves this year! Wow! But with 3 sets its hard not to.
* Will likes to plug things into sockets... scary! He plugged in my hot rollers and got a little surprise- they get hot!
* Joe is a partner in crime with Will, Will can get into plenty of mischief by himself but when the two get together-- its bad!
* Peter and Sam are still best friends and are including Joe more and more. They usually make Will the bad guy. They are also doing great with school, eager to learn, curious about the way things work, love the library.
* We have had 2 weeks of overcast, cloudy, cold wet days and its been hard on the kids, too much energy!
* Peter drew the 3 sets of grandparents a drawing of our family. He even included the new baby. Too cute!

Well that's pretty much a quick recap of life at the Duffey's!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope you get a VBAC, that would be wonderful. It sounds like you're really busy in a good way. I like the idea of homeschooling too...but we'll see if I have the "umph" to do it when I get there!