My stomach is upset feeling. I can't sleep and Will and I are enjoying a little time together. Its amazing how little sleep I can get and still feel ok, but I don't think it will last. I figured I'll use these middle of the night times to journal, so here I got again:
It's nearly 3 AM, William woke us up with a dirty diaper. He has a problem that I have never heard of. Joe taught him two bad habits: to suck his thumb and put his hand down his pants. The thumb sucking is nothing compared to the other. Joe never had any adverse reaction putting his hand down his pants, he was already potty trained when he started doing it. Well with William watching Joe he started doing this earlier and now he has rubbed his private so much that there is a little spot on his penis that is starting to bleed. We have been putting his in onesies as much as possible to try and curb the problem, but tonight he woke up at 2:30 AM poopy and bleeding. He has been complaining about his diaper a lot and that has been why. I wish he knew enough to stop touching and rubbing it so much, but he is only 2 years old. I never thought I would experience a problem like this, and I really know of no other solution than onesies, but they stop making them after the 2 year size, I sure hope he stops doing this. When he first started it was more of a nuisance because he would put his hand down his pants and then his penis would be sticking out over his disposable diaper. Doing this he would often rip a fresh diaper, or pee over the diaper. I got so frustrated that I thought changing to cloth diapers was the answer, so I went out and got cloth diapers. They have helped because he can't get them off and they have more up front so he can't pee over like the disposables. But he was still putting his hand down there. So I put his in onesies as much as possible, but even with certain onesies he still find a way in!
2 comments:
Hey Pixley, hang in there. Have you asked your pediatritian for ideas. I am sure it isn't the first time that type of thing has happened.
Tristan is very grabby too. I don't think it helps that he has a rash down there though. He gets so mad when I don't let him scratch it. :( I don't know how I would keep a 2 year old from doing it!
Post a Comment