Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kids in the Kitchen

This year for Father's Day my thoughts turned towards my sweet husband and then to my fine sons. I don't normally think of getting my boys a Father's Day present, but this year I decided to get the boys the gift that keeps on giving-- a grill that they can use to make breakfast. Usually I am an early bird when it comes to gifts and then I have to have the self disciple to hide away my early bought gifts until the holiday. The grill came yesterday and I pulled it inside and thought of saving it until closer to Father Day. The boys could open a pre-Father's Day since they aren't fathers yet present along with Chris' Father's Day presents. Then I woke up this morning to the usual joyous sounds of Peter wanting eggs along with the usual breakfast lineup of bacon or sausage and pancakes or waffles. Again, I struggle with the self discipline to keep the presents I buy hidden until the proper moment. Needless to say my heart melted and as I learned from my Jehovah Witness friend in high school, you don't need to wait for a holiday to show a little extra love. So I brought out big box, its so impressive to get such a BIG box in the mail! Below our pictures of our adventure. Sam is not feeling well so he looks a little grumpy in the pictures, but Peter is super excited.





1 comment:

Nalene said...

Would you look at the cute boys! Not only are they good looking, they can cook too!!! Good job Mom!