Sunday, June 28, 2009

Peter's thoughts

I like to draw pictures of Optimus Prime. I like drawing pictures. Yesterday my Learn At Home Grade 1 book came in the mail and I’m excited to start using it. I love school. I have been learning the colors in Spanish. I have been learning to read and tell stories. I read a few books. I like to read simple books in the BOB series, they are only 6 pages and they are fun and easy. Dad read me Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I liked that book. Our DVD player can’t work anymore. I am learning about Thomas Edison and Peter Smith. Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. The first light bulb was pointy like the picture.
That’s funny to me. Peter Smith is my great great great grandfather who I am named after. Mom and I found out that Peter Smith was 3 years older than Thomas Edison. Peter Smith lived in Norway and then moved here to North Dakota, he never did get to have electricity and light bulbs in his home. I like learning about him. This week we are going to learn about the sun and how God created the world. I am almost 7 my birthday is in a few months. When I am 8, I am going to get baptized. I am excited and I am also going to get my own set of scriptures when I am baptized, they are going to be 2 books, one is the Bible and one is the Book of Mormon. I can’t wait until I am really big. When I am big I’ll take care of my family.
Peter

1 comment:

Kayla and Samuel said...

Way cute and exciting for you guys, sorry I've been out of touch for so long. My dial-up connection was taking longer than normal it seemed, but I am trying to catch up now. Hope everything is going well with you guys!

Love,
Kayla (Morty)