Monday, July 19, 2010
First Day of School!
We started homeschool and the first day went pretty well. We read scripture stories out of an old school blue set of Book of Mormon readers that has like 16 volumes- they are great! We got all of step 1 done, yeah! That's progress. We did some Spanish, we read a book of Spanish words and the kids learned to say "Por Favor" (please), "Gracias" (thank you), "Yo quiero" (I want). It was fun hearing the kids try and speak Spanish. Peter even used his new words during dinner later on. After Spanish we started our "ABC Book", obviously the first page being the letter A. We drew pictures and wrote things that start with the letter A: apple, amaranths, ant, apotasaurs, argentinasaurs, alligator, apricot, and animal. Using an old family dresser the kids now each have a drawer to hold their school things. Then using some flashcards we picked a card and learned some words that rhyme. Pig, wig, dig, twig, all rhyme. The big pig wore a wig and liked to dig. That was pretty much our first day of school. We had a lot of interruptions from the baby needing to be fed and Will getting into things. Will woke up when his diaper exploded onto the floor. After bathing him, I didn't get a diaper on quick enough because he pooped on my bed. He likes to run away when you try and put a diaper on him. Then later he did his usual: filled the oven with random stuff. He got into the laundry soap and smeared it on the washing machine. I needed a break so I sent him and his brother outside to play in our new sandbox. I forgot that it rained, bad idea! They all came in super sandy! I guess its hot dogs and french fries for dinner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment