Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Findings

I found a few things that I am really excited about and thought I would share.

1. Learn at Home Kindergarden. Its a neat bare bones book on what to teach week by week with plenty of room to add and customize to your homeschool life. Also good as a supliment for public schooled kids.

I also ordered "What your Preschooler needs to Know" which looks great. Its part of a series of books: "What your ____ grader needs to Know". I have been very pleased with these books. As a homechooling mom its nice to know I am covering the basics and then I can expand as I see fit.

2. http://www.successful-homeschooling.com a wonderful site I found with ideas on how to teach every subject wheather you homeschool or public school we can all take an active part in teaching or suplimenting our children's education.

3. http://www.paperbackswap.com/ a great site for book lovers. Have books you don't want? Post them on the website and request ones that you do want. Get started by posting 10 books and getting 2 credits so you can request 2 books. Or you can buy credits for like $3.50 or something, that is cheaper than amazon's shipping! What could be better than a book you really want for free! I found a neat looking science book called: Gobble Up Science: Fun Activities to Complete and Eat. I look forward to getting it. Too bad I just got rid of nearly every book we didn't want by taking them to the library! Oh well, I searched around the house and still found 10 to start with. This site will encourage me to let go and move on!

4. http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/ a great site for food storage. It's a network of 3 sites for planning, getting and using your food storage. I highly recommend trying their recipes and using your food storage! You should check out the brownie and chocolate chip cookie recipe. I can't wait!


Have a great day!

No comments: