Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The good, the bad and the doughy


I have really been getting into baking bread lately. I even bought a huge loaf pan so I could make a loaf and have it last for more than just one lunch hour. I managed to make a pretty nice looking loaf although the top sunk slightly, but pretty good for a first time with a 17 inch loaf pan.


During my bread making adventure, I had several visitors come and go and of course my ever present, wonderful children... well they had an adventure of their own. Making "snow" from a store bought loaf of bread. With all the commotion, I let them go a little more free than normal and they got out more toys than normal and have a grand old time.


The baby has been getting into his own form of mischief tearing up books and playing in toilet water. Luckily summer is right around the corner and maybe I can help with his strong desire to splash in water. Here he is getting into the dishwasher as I try and fill it with dishes, he climbs up now all by himself! He loves to try and "help" by either emptying it out and handing it to you or just giving up and listening to the noise he can make when he tries to scatter everything by waving his arms. He just loves playing with things that aren't toys. Like brooms, mops, dustpans, dishwashers, bowls, plates, cups and kitchen utensils. He usually makes a big mess but its all worth it when he crawls up to you with the dustpan when you are sweeping, (sometimes right through your pile of dust) he is trying to help!

No comments: