I have been asked how I homeschool and what my schedule for the day is. This is a rough outline of our day, or at least how we want our day to go, it ends up being more of a goal then a reality most days, but its a start. We usually end up going over the time set out here, having young children we need to take frequent breaks. I have learned to make everything a family affair, I really need to exercise so we all exercise! I really want to make bread, tortillas and other foods from scratch, so we all get involved! So this is a little taste of our day. We are trying to establish a route more than a tight schedule:
5:30-6:00 Wake up and have family prayer with Dad before he goes to work.
6:00-6:30 Exercise: jump on our mini trampoline and play "simon says"
6:30-7:00 Dress/shower/tidy up the bedroom, make beds
7:00-7:30 Breakfast
7:30-8:00 Scripture study: kids watch scripture stories from lds.org and I read mine.
8:00-8:30 Start School: not exactly in order:
8:30-9:00 Math and Science
9:00-9:30 Piano and singing time
9:30-10:00 Reading and Writing
10:00-10:30 Spotlight : pick an ancestor and try to guess what their life was like
10:30-11:00 Spanish
11:00-11:30 Crafts
11:30-12:00 Finish up school
12:00-12:30 Lunch
12:30-1:00
1:00-1:30
1:30-2:00 Prepare food from scratch like start a loaf of bread or something
2:00-2:30
2:30-3:00
3:00-3:30
3:30-4:00 Make Dinner
4:00-4:30
4:30-5:00 Dinner
5:00-5:30
5:30-6:00 Family Scripture Study after dinner
6:00-6:30
6:30-7:00
7:30-8:00 Get the kids ready and in bed by 8:00
8:00-8:30
8:30-9:00
9:00-9:30 Get ready and go to bed
My new favorite homeschooling website is http://www.successful-homeschooling.com if you are interested in homeschooling or even just supplementing preschool or public school, its great!
I feel strongly that in order for our children to succeed we have to be involved in their education weather that's a public school education or a homeschool education.
No comments:
Post a Comment