Yesterday I took the kids shopping and during our trip to the produce section, I had to tell Sam to stop kissing the avocados, it sounded funny saying that. I am sure I have said a lot of funny things since becoming a parent. I am trying to do better at keeping a journal of our life and the kids have been journaling too. Peter's handwriting has gradually been improving since he starting keeping a journal. He dictates to me what he wants to say and I type it out for him. Then I write some of it out for him to copy and the whole thing get put in his journal notebook for him to read later. It will be a sweet keepsake collection of memories for him later in his life. Sam and Joe are also beginning to keep a journal too. Its been fun hearing them relate our life through their eyes.
Peter's journal:
March 29, 2010
What is your favorite type of animal? My favorite type of animal is a dinosaur. What is your favorite dinosaur? My favorite dinosaur is stegosaurs. What does the stegosaurs have on its body? It has bony plates and it has things on its tail that is why I love this dinosaur. What is your favorite Jedi? My favorite Jedi is Asoka and Obi-wan and Luke Skywalker. What is your favorite Sith? My favorite Sith is Count Dooku in Clone Wars. What is your favorite Clone? My favorite Clone is Captain Rex. What type of body droid do you like? My favorite type of body droid that has a color on it is a blue body droid that is a battle droid. What is your favorite movie? My favorite movie is “Where the Wild Things Are” and some of Star Wars but not just one movie and that is number 2 Star Wars. And I like Clone Wars. I love watching those things. Here when it is the second week of April my brother will be having his birthday party. He will turn four years old. His name is Joe. Soon my other brother will have his birthday on June 3rd. And then it will be my birthday and I will turn eight. And my other brother is named Sam. And my name is Peter. My baby brother had his birthday on the first day of February. And my dad was the second one to have his birthday, but it was a different week. My mom, I don’t remember when her birthday is, but I just know she was on February. My birthday is October 3rd and I love my family. Sam will be in PE and I will be in PE in September. We have a Clone War Lego game and a Star War Lego game on the computer. The Clone War game that was a Lego one we found it in a Lego magazine and it is on the internet. My dad said one of these months he will buy a Lego Indiana Jones computer game.
Yesterday we read about Jesus coming to his apostles and he did the sacrament with them. We are in the book of John, the last book that Jesus is in. After John, Jesus goes up to heaven and then it’s just the apostles in it. In church I learned about when Jesus died and the resurrection. We had to take home a paper that had when Jesus died and when he was resurrected. We had to take home a general conference coloring book. Jesus died on a cross and Jesus was in a tomb then the stone got rolled away and Jesus was risen. I know that Jesus really died and was resurrected in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Yesterday we went to the toy room and there my mom and my dad built stuff out of Legos. Dad built two things. The first one was a house. The last one was a castle. Mom built one thing and that was a house with stairs. She said it was the corporate offices for the Jedi Knights. Mom is silly. My brothers and I (except Will) played with the Lego guys. Our creations that are Legos are saved on the shelf in the closet. Will helped Mom while we were doing this. Saturday Dad built a thing where the Jedi can fight the Sith on the top of the wall they can fight the Sith. The Jedi can jump up there and destroy the bad guys.
I love to make stories. This week I am going to try to do school every day so I can have free time and make a book called “Where the Wild Things Are”. I am going to make a page each time I have free time. My brother’s birthday that is the three year old is going to turn four on Friday. And we are not going to have his party yet. Next week is his party. My brother where we are going to do his birthday is the beach. Joe wants Mom and Dad to make a sand castle for his birthday at the beach. Today we are going to pick up candy for Easter. We are going to get candy for Easter because on Friday we are celebrating Easter after the beach. Sunday is really Easter but we don’t hide eggs on Sunday. But Sunday is General Conference. After the baby comes I am going to start piano again. There is this book that is called Keyboard Gymnastics and I am in book number one called Brillante.
Sam's Journal:
March 30, 2010
My favorite animal is turtles, fish, and frogs. I like fish because they have scales and they are very colorful. When we go to Wal-Mart we see the fishies in the tanks. They are in tanks so they can’t jump out. I like turtles because they are reptiles and the frog is an amphibian. I like learning about frogs, turtles and fish in homeschool. I like them because they swim and my favorite dinosaur is triceratops. I like triceratops because he has three horns on his head. In this book that has triceratops says that triceratops could maybe scare away t-rex with his horns.
Baby Charlie is coming in May. We sing Frosty the Snowman to him every night. I am excited for him to come. I am going to try to hold baby Charlie. Mom is going to have the baby at home so I can see the baby quickly after he is born instead of having to wait and go to the hospital. I hope we can do the home birth.
On Sunday I got taught about Easter. Easter is reminding me about when Jesus died and was resurrected. I know that Jesus Christ is resurrected and He lives today. After church we had lunch and when it was night we had dinner. After dinner we had pecan pie. Then we went up to the toy room and we built Lego City. Peter and Joe and Will played with Lego guys. I helped Dad built Lego City. Joe and Will helped Mom build Lego City too.
Yesterday we went for shopping jelly beans and M&Ms. We bought bubbles and crayons. We had Family Home Evening. For Show and Tell, I showed my small Lego Star War Rebel. The lesson was about talking nice to each other. We should use please and thank you and not yell. For the activity we played small Legos. We built more Lego City. Dad built a castle and a house. Mom built a little house too. All my Lego guys were hanging off of the castle and my bounty hunter droids had a chain to their guns and they were hanging onto tower on the castle that was a triangle.
Today I got up early. I said my prayers. I brushed my teeth. For exercise we went up and down the stairs and then did summer salts. I cleaned my room. We read scriptures and now I am doing my journal.
On Thursday we are doing Art Club. They are making eggs. We are going to glue papers on eggs called decopage. I hope it will be really fun.
We are going to the beach on Friday. I am going to look for sea shells. We are going to make a sand castle. I am going to go in the water.
On Saturday and Sunday is General Conference. During General Conference we are going to color a General Conference coloring book. Mom bought us new crayons for General Conference.
Joe's Journal:
On Friday is my birthday I will be 4 years old! We are going to the beach on Friday. We are going to make a sand castle. Yesterday we played small Legos.
Will's Journal:
I am learning to talk and today I said "lizard", yesterday I said "bebe". My favorite song is Wheels on the Bus when you sing about the babies. I love my eyes and like to point them out.
Charlie's Journal:
I am moving a lot, in Mom's tummy. When she sits down and my brothers are watching they can see me move around. They sing to me, I am due to be born in May. The midwife says there is a little more water in here than usual, so maybe that is why I have a little more swimming room.
Mom's Journal:
I am getting excited for the coming birth of baby Charlie. I am nearly 8 months pregnant and its been gradually more and more uncomfortable. The kids and I are working hard establishing solid routines and cleaning/organizing the house to help with the transition from 4 to 5. I started doing phases. Phase 1 is our morning routine and the last phase 5 is adding art and science to our homeschool routine. This way we will work on one phase at a time, and when the baby comes if we have to start all over, at least we can pick up the pieces easier rather than having to reinvent the wheel. I am confident that changes will have to be made as an infant joins the ranks, but that I am better than ever at maintaining order. I am getting rid of any junk in my way to victory over clutter and mess. I feel like I keep improving on my housekeeping abilities as I have more children. Its a challenge, but a challenge that is improving me in valuable ways. Being a mom is the most rewarding learning experience ever. I know that by the time my babies are ready to leave home we will have all grown closer together, closer to God, and will have become better people. I can feel myself stretching and growing becoming a better wife, mother and woman. I love my life. I love my children. And as I get asked every time I take the children shopping, "Yes these are all my children, they don't cost as much as you think, I wouldn't have it any other way! I love them so much!" What better joy than to have a houseful of children and raise them to be good Christian followers of Jesus Christ, honest, upright, Godly members of society, ready and willing to stand for truth and right. I KNOW this is what God my Father in Heaven wants me to do with the life He gave me. I am so lucky to have a husband who believes the same and supports me in every way. We make such a great team!
No comments:
Post a Comment