Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Shower


On Saturday, I hosted my first baby shower. I am amazed at how good it turned out. Everything went smoothly and we have the perfect amount of food, space, and seating. We did have to scoot in close because a lot of people came, but it just turned out so wonderful. Part was due to the fact that the day before, our neigbor gave us his old couches. We had really ugly couches and his old ones looked almost brand new, or at least to our eyes they looked brand new. They are a nice medium shade of blue and look fabulous in our living room. Previously we had had a loveseat and couch. With our "new" couch set, he gave us a loveseat, couch and large recliner/chair. Our living room is now full of furniture, but its nice to have so much seating when guests come over. Our living room has laminate flooring, so if we need to re-arrange it's very simple.

I wanted to buy flowers and decorate our home nice for the baby shower. So I finally put up a few pictures above the piano, and a few on top of the piano. When the couches came, we quickly rearranged our living room. As for the flowers, I made some out of origami. I think they came out pretty good for a first try. Then again, I have amazing beginners luck. I can do anything one time... after that, who knows!

No comments: