Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!


We had a great Christmas here. Sam got a remote control car and as you can tell from the picture he was quite excited. He can't wait to get the Transfomers sheet on his bed soon.


Joe got a stuffed puppy which he quickly named "Underdog." Not a big shock for us since each of the kids has a stuffed puppy that they have named the same. They really liked the movie that came out even though we don't even own it. He also got a soccer ball which means each of the kids have one now.


Peter was excited to open his stocking this year as you can see in this picture. Peter got a mountain of legos which he quickly added to the stash. We now have a huge tote filled with the toys but the kids love them and they were able to get some unique pieces as well. He also got a Transformers shirt which he was super excited to wear first thing.

We started a new tradition last year of making each other home made gifts. This year Peter and Sam made each other coloring books. Joe wanted to make candy, but I didn't get around to making it with him. Opps! Better luck later this week I hope!

Along with the coloring books I had the kids write a little note to each other. I just had to share some of what they wrote. Kids say the funniest things!

To: Joe

From: Peter

On Christmas you can have this coloring book. It’s called The Grinch Story.


To: Sam

From: Peter

You can be my friend or buddy is you like to. You can play with me if you want to. You gotta understand that when I am big I’ll sweep all by myself. I will help my mom and dad build a brick house for me to live in (in the back yard) when I am big and you can live with me. We need to get a car. You gotta understand that in our house we need to get toys and movies. You gotta understand that we gotta get light sabers in the brick house we build. And we gotta get Grandmas laptops, the kids ones (so they can work like Dad). You gotta understand we gotta buy us a TV and DVD player. You gotta make floors and make our beds into groups so we can sleep in the same room. We need the stuffed animals in our house and get books in our house too. And we need toys in there too.


To: Peter

From: Sam

I hope Santa gets you Indiana Jones Legos. (like Peter has been asking for)


To: Joe

From: Sam

I hope Santa gets you a Barbie for our girl baby. Peter said he wants a girl (he asked God for it and therefore us kids know that there is a girl baby in your tummy right now) and that’s why I decided the Barbie can be for the girl. Why does Joey have to get it? Why can’t you (Sam) get it and give it to the girl baby in Mommy’s tummy? Because I (Sam) don’t know what a Barbie is.


All of this (and many more events) has helped us realize how really blessed we are. This year has been really good for us in Houston and we definitely feel like this is the place for us, even though Texas wasn't on our places to consider moving to at first. There are too many blessings to list here in our blog but we hope everyone's Christmas was as nice as ours.

No comments: