Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Finally Caved In

I finally created a blog, I never really thought about it until I found out that you can now make these things private. I honestly don't want to whole world able to access this. I haven't written a weekly email letter in a month and before that it had been a while. We have been so busy. Now my goal is to write here a little bit every day and friends and family can read about our comings and goings here.

Yesterday:
I am a mother of 4 wonderful boys and we homeschool. Yesterday we went to our homeschool Co-op. Co-op is a group of homeschooling parents that get together and teach each others children. A local church has allowed us to use their building for our little “school” and we go once a week. I teach Spanish every other week and someone else teaches them Science, Show and Tell, and Art. Since I wasn’t teaching Spanish this week, I taught art instead. For the Art class, we did greeting cards with ink and stamps and also a “Thank You” card given to the church that is allowing us to use their building to hold our "school." The best part was that yesterday was the first time that my best friend Dawn got to take her kids to Co-op. She is new to homeschooling and I really hope she felt loved and included. I feel like a mother hen, I strongly desire for her and her children to feel loved and accepted. So I hope that is happening.

Then after the Co-op, the kids all fell asleep in the car and I went to pick up Chris. On the way home he revealed his plans to celebrate our 7 year anniversary! (We got married at 2:15 in the AZ temple on Nov. 30th) So yesterday afternoon we all went to the Dress Barn where the kids waited patiently taking turns telling stories with Dad while I tried on nearly 10 dresses. After having to use a camasole, which is against my moral compass just a bit, I mean why should I have to buy a dress and then after to alter it in order to wear it. But because of the special evening my husband had planned for me, I relented and got a dress with a camasole. I got a black and white dress because very nearly every dress they had was black and white (why? I don't know!!) But it all turned out great. The lady at the shop asked if I needed accessories and right then I realized that I could match the dress to the string of pearls my brother had given me a couple Christmas' ago. So all in all it turned out wonderful. Dawn was nice to take a photo when we dropped off the kids for her to babysit. So I will have to ask for the photo to show.

Well after Duffeyella got her dress and got herself all cutsified... Chris took me to Papadeux and we shared a nice seafood platter and then went to Dairy Queen for dessert. It was a nice evening. I am very thankful for my sweet husband and nice children. When we picked up the kids from Dawn's house after our date, we saw that Sam had gotten a lot worse. Dawn's daughter Hannah read Dr. Seus to him while he layed around at their house. He had had a cough and his voice had been squeeky but now he is quite sick. Fever. Cough. And the most sure sign that he is sick is the glazed over miserable look on his face. Our kids have to be pretty miserable to get that way. They could throw up and then go play! So the miserable glazed over look is a sure sign they feel rotten.

So today is a "sick day" which means that I get out the bed from our hide a bed couch and we make what Bill Cosby called the "Get Well Island". Basically they all lay on the bed all day watching PBS TV and trying to rest and recover. For me that means I get a day off to do what I want (like create this blog) and try and think of things to help them get better. I am going to make some juice and try and make some homemade soup. I have never been too successful at making soup unless I use canned broth of which I have none and have no desire to get any. I am going to try making 100% homemade. We'll see!

Jen

No comments: