- I want to make nearly all our food from scratch.
- I want to have a happy, healthy, large family with 6-10 children or as many more or less as the Lord feels fit to bless me with.
- I want to teach my children at home.
- I want a relatively clean house, or at least an orderly house where I can find what I need when I need it.
- I want to learn to play piano and guitar.
- I want to plant a garden
#1: I made whole wheat bread and tortillas from scratch although my sour dough starter molded and died, but I am progressing right along.
#2: I have a wonderful relationship with my husband along with our 4 wonderful, healthy boys (no girls yet), so we are doing great there! Now I just have to discipline them so they will fight less and listen more.
#3: Today we had "school" for about an hour. We first started with religion. I read the boys some scripture. Then I had them watch scripture stories on the computer while I read my scriptures. Then we talked about the calendar and counted some. We added up how many people there are in our family and we added up the age of Peter plus the age of Sam. Then we sang some. Will liked singing "If You're Happy and You Know It". Then we read all about mammals. Its a work in progress. We had a little break with the holidays so now we are trying to get back into it. Getting better each day!
#4: Our home has never been cleaner. We are getting better and better at keeping a clean home. Orderly? Nope! When I need something half the time I can't find it. I don't know what to do!
#5 and 6? Not much to report yet, I have found most of the materials needed, now I just need set aside some time. Better luck next year... 2009 here we come!
All in all I am better than I was last year. I still have a long way to go! I hope to exercise and take better care of my mind and body so that I can accomplish my many goals. I hope to keep up with the kids, house and balance it all. I hope to keep journaling and cherishing every (or at least most) moment. Its not easy but its worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment